So, the mantra from the left is that Obama cannot do anything with a Do Nothing Congress; problem?
2. Democrats owned the US House from January 2007 to January 2011 under Nancy Pelosi
3. Democrats owed the White House from January 2009 through the Present
4. GOP has owned the US House from Jan 2011 through the Present
Maybe the DEMOCRATS should look at who has not only owned both Houses of Congress + the White House the majority of the past 5 yrs, but who currently ownes 2/3’s of the powers that be.
In the mean time, the GOP House took over January 2011 and this is what they have accomplished:
Reid complaining the the Democrat controlled Senate will not vote on appropriations bills because the GOP House dared to cut spending…. oh the horror…….”Reid faulted House Republicans for drafting appropriations bills under an overall spending cap — $1.028 trillion, lower than the $1.047 trillion level agreed on last year’s Budget Control Act. “That makes it hard to do these appropriations bills,” Reid said.”
1. Had to pass the 2011 budget that the Democrat House FAILED to pass by October 1, 2010 – Democrat Senate never passed a 2011 budget
2. Passed the 2012 budget as required by law – Democrats Senate never passed a 2012 budget
3. Passed the 2013 budget as required by law = Democrat Senate has still not passed the 2013 budget and it is due by October 1, 2012 as required by law
4. Pass 38 JOBS BILLS that not only is the Democrat Senate REFUSING to vote on, they have factually NOT passed any JOBS BILLS to be voted on by the Senate
So- when the left claims the Do Nothing Congress is the fault of the GOP, kindly remind them that the GOP House has done the following while the Democrat Senate has done nothing and that the DEMOCRATS own 2/3’s of the power!